OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Bloc Party Grand Prize Studio Meet & Greet Flyaway Contest
By submitting an entry to the Grand Prize Studio Meet & Greet Flyaway Contest (the “Contest”), you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Tony Perrin and Simon White (collectively, “Bloc Party Management”) on behalf of Bloc Party, and that you satisfy all eligibility requirements.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT AFFECT OR IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
1. The Grand Prize. The Grand Prize consists of a trip to New York City on April 28, 2012 for the winner (the “Winner”) and one guest (“Guest”) to meet Bloc Party at Stratosphere Sound, the studio where Bloc Party are currently recording their new album (the “Studio”). The Grand Prize shall include (A) roundtrip coach airfare from an airport located near the Winner’s home address, with the departure airport and airline to be selected by Bloc Party Management in its sole discretion, with departure on April 28, 2012 and return to the city of origin on April 29, 2012, (B) hotel accommodations in New York City selected by Bloc Party Management in its sole discretion, for the night of April 28, 2012, and (C) ground transportation from the hotel to the Studio and back to the hotel from the Studio on April 28 or April 29, depending upon the arrival time of the inbound flight. The Approximate Retail Value for roundtrip economy airfare for (2) passengers is $800. The Approximate Retail Value for one night of hotel accommodation for (2) guests is $250. The Approximate Retail Value for ground transportation for (2) guests is $100. If the actual value of the prizes turns out to be less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
The Winner and Guest will get a tour of the Studio and time with Bloc Party to meet and discuss the new album and the recording process. The Winner and Guest will be permitted to take photos in the Studio and with Bloc Party, but are not permitted to bring audio recording devices or video cameras with them to the Studio.
Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate Winner as determined by Bloc Party Management on behalf of Bloc Party.
2. How to Enter. To enter the Grand Prize Studio Meet & Greet Flyaway Contest, visit www.facebook.com/blocpartyofficial and complete an online entry form. Online entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday, April 25, 2012. Only one entry is allowed per person. Use of multiple email addresses by the same individual to enter is prohibited and such multiple online entries shall be voided. Any error or omission in the information on the entry form may void entry. By providing your e-mail address, you grant Bloc Party the right to send you official Bloc Party e-mail and mobile announcements.
3. Eligibility. The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, DC over the age of 18 years old as determined by Bloc Party Management on behalf of Bloc Party at the time of registration entry.
4. Grand Prize Winner Selection and Notification. The Winner will be selected by random drawing conducted by a third party on April 26, 2012. The Winner will be notified by e-mail and/or by telephone. All entries carry an equal chance of winning. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
The selection and notification of the Winner will be conducted under the supervision of Bloc Party Management on behalf of Bloc Party. The decisions of Bloc Party Management on behalf of Bloc Party are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
The Winner will be notified in person, by telephone or e-mail. If the Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected at random in sole discretion of Bloc Party Management on behalf of Bloc Party.
5. Entry Deadlines. All entries for the Grand Prize Studio Meet & Greet Flyaway Contest must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday, April 25, 2012. The computer of Bloc Party Management will be the official timekeeper.
6. Taxes; Expenses. Any applicable taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Any expenses not specifically included in the prizes (including all meals, and all other expenses incurred in connection with any trip) described in these rules shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. Bloc Party’s Right to Record Your Visit. By submitting an entry to the Contest, you agree that you shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, likeness, address, or biographical information included in your entry.
By submitting an entry to the Contest, you agree that if you are the Winner, Bloc Party Management and/or its designees shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to take photographs and/or videos of you and your Guest during your visit to the Studio. You expressly understand and agree that any such photos and videos, and all rights therein, and all results and proceeds derived therefrom, shall be throughout the universe in perpetuity Bloc Party’s sole and absolute property, and Bloc Party and Bloc Party’s licensees, successors and assigns shall have the unlimited right to copyright, publish, exhibit and otherwise exploit any such results and proceeds or any part thereof in any manner they desire. You hereby expressly give permission to Bloc Party and Bloc Party Management to use your and your Guest’s name, photographic and/or videotaped likeness and voice on Bloc Party’s official channels (including without limitation, Bloc Party’s website, YouTube/VEVO, Twitter, Facebook). You warrant and represent that you have the right and power to enter into this agreement with respect to your name and likeness, and to grant the rights set forth in this paragraph and that no consent or authorization from any third party is required in connection therewith.
The rights granted under this paragraph 7 shall extend to Bloc Party and Bloc Party Management and its affiliated companies with respect to all entrants in the Contest, including the entrant who is selected as the Grand Prize Winner and those entrants who are not selected as the Grand Prize Winner.
8. General Conditions. The Contest shall be void where and to the extent prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable laws, including, without limitation, federal, state, and local laws and regulations. In the event of non-compliance by any winner with the official rules of the Contest, an alternate winner may be selected by Bloc Party Management on behalf of Bloc Party. Prizes are non-transferable. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in a disqualification of the winner and an alternate winner may be selected. All prizes will be awarded.
9. Releases. By participating, entrants agree that Bloc Party and Bloc Party Management, those involved in the development, production (including prize suppliers), implementation and distribution of the Contest, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, and agencies, and their directors, officers, agents, employees, attorneys, and any other person or entity associated with such entities and/or promotion (hereinafter collectively called “Released Parties”), shall not be liable for any claims, damages, losses or injuries, including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, the Contest, including entry and participation in the Contest and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes.
All entrants further agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Contest, such entrant will indemnify and hold Promoters harmless from and against any and all such claims, including reasonable attorneys’ fees related thereto. Released Parties shall not be liable for entries that are delayed, lost, misdirected, undelivered, incorrect or incomplete, including without limitation entries not timely received due to telephone failures, Internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems, and such entries will be not be eligible for the Contest. Released Parties shall not be responsible for any technical malfunctions of any telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment or software; program malfunctions or other failures; delayed computer transactions or network connections; any errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to the computer of any entrant or any other person related to or resulting from downloading any part of the Contest.
The Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, United States of America. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree that the state and federal courts located in the State of New York shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the Contest and that venue for such litigation shall be only in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, or the Supreme Court of the State of New York, New York County.
10. Rules/Winners List. The name of the Grand Prize Winner may be posted on Bloc Party’s official online related properties within 24 hours after winners are determined. To receive a copy of these Official Rules or the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Bloc Party Grand Prize Studio Meet & Greet Flyaway Contest, c/o Frenchkiss Records, 111 East 14th Street, Suite 229, New York, New York 10003. Specify “winner” or “rules” on your request. WA and VT residents may omit return postage.
11. Disqualifications. Entries that are lost, late, illegible, or incomplete for any reason will not be eligible. In the event of early termination, Bloc Party may select winner from all eligible entries received at time of termination based on the criteria above. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.