- FUTURE STUDENTS
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 am to 5 pm (Closed for lunch on Friday from 12 noon to 1pm)
Anyone who wants to enroll in for-credit classes at Northern must first apply and be accepted before they can register. The best time to apply is at least one month before classes begin.
APPLY HERE TODAY!
Application for INTERNATIONAL Students(PDF)
Degree & Certificate Students: Monday, December 31, 2012
Non-Degree students: Thursday, January 10, 2013
Spring 2013: Monday, October 22, 2012 through Monday, January 14, 2013
QUESTIONS? The following TO-DO LISTS provide step-by-step instructions and helpful information about the application process:
- For New College Students / For Spring 2013
- For Students Returning to Northern. If you have not attended Northern since Spring 2011 you will need to re-apply.
- For Transfer Students. Transfer students may now request that their previous colleges/universities send official transcripts through E-Scrip Safe or other electronic transcript consortia to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Mailing address for official transcripts: Admissions Office, Northern New Mexico College, 921 Paseo de Oñate, Española, NM 87532
Additional Helpful Information:
- Northern's Admissions Policies (PDF)
- Degrees & Certificate Programs (PDF)
- Current Course Catalogs
- Undergraduate International Student Application (PDF)
Northern is an open-admissions college, so you don't need minimum ACT or SAT scores to be admitted. But if you are new to college and seeking a certificate or degree, you'll need to take the college's COMPASS Placement Test to determine your appropriate course level and your eligibility for Financial Aid.
If you are a concurrent/dual credit high school student, please contact Crestina Quintanna at 505 747-2163.
If you are a transfer student, your placement will be determined by an evaluation of your transfer credits as recorded on official transcripts sent from all of your previous colleges and universities directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
If your legal residence is a Western state other than New Mexico read the WUE Brochure for information about out-of-state tuition reduction,
WHO'S WHO in the OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
Frank Orona, Director of Admissions, Recruitment & Career Services
Tony Gallegos, Assistant Director, Recruitment & Career Services
Virginia Naranjo, Admissions Specialist
Deondra Rodriguez, Admissions Specialist