Agricultural Information Management Standards (AIMS)
Information on the AIMS Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. No claim or representation is made or warranty given as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information shared on this platform and FAO reserves the right to alter, limit or discontinue any part of the platform at its discretion.
FAO does not accept any liability to any person or entity for any loss, damage, liability or expense suffered which is claimed to result from use of the information posted on this platform, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay. Hyperlinks to non-FAO Websites do not imply any official endorsement of or responsibility on the part of FAO for the opinions, ideas, data or products presented at these locations, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. The sole purpose of links to non-FAO sites is to indicate further information available on related topics. The information is provided on the basis that Users accessing the platform assume responsibility for assessing its relevance, accuracy and suitability for application.
The designations employed and the presentation of material in the AIMS Website do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the FAO concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. The mention of specific companies or products of manufacturers, whether or not these have been patented, does not imply that these have been endorsed or recommended by FAO in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned. The views expressed herein are those of the information providers and do not necessarily represent those of FAO.
Copyright in the material available on the AIMS Website remains with the individual information provider(s) or original rights holder(s). The AIMS team encourages reuse and redistribution of such information posted on the platform and, unless otherwise indicated, Members may reuse and redistribute such material for non-commercial purposes in line with the objectives of AIMS without requesting prior written permission. Where the requirements to request specific authorization to reuse and redistribute material is indicated, users must obtain the necessary permission from the respective rights holder(s).
The AIMS team reserves the right, at its discretion, to deny a Member/User access to the platform, without specific notice.
Use of the official FAO emblem on publications, Websites, or for events and services associated with or drived from the AIMS platform is phohibited without prior written approval from FAO.
AIMS Communities of Practice
The AIMS Community is used for discussion and to encourage online groups to network and exchange news, views and information, allowing users to offer and receive asssitance and advice while enjoying lively debate with other professionals.
How it works:
- Users formulate and post topics for discussion
- Alls users receive a copy of the posts in their email
- Alls users are permitted and encouraged to participate in the discussion groups
- Once accepted, unless removed at the discretion of the AIMSTeam, posted messages will remain available to the public for as long as the relevant discussion board is online.
The AIMS Team reserves the right to edit and/or withhold messages that do not comply with the forum guidelines. Users shall not do any of the following:
- Use foul language or obscene images. This site is a forum for technical discussion, and general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.
- Repeatedly post the same message to many discussions or boards, or post an unsolicited commercial message to one or more discussions or boards. Such messages are considered spam. Duplicate messages will be deleted or consolidated by the AIMS team.
- Post copyrighted material without authorization or otherwise illegal material. Users are requested to notify the AIMS team if they identify such postings on the AIMS platform.
- Abuse this forum in any way not specifically mentioned above.