服务
COMPANY
Home
About us
News
Management
Contact us
Ten Alps PLC

Annual Report 2011

Download PDF

GROUP COMPANIES

OUTPUT ONLINE

NEWS
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007

Acquisition and expansion of multiplatform model

1st February 2010

Ten Alps makes Asian online, publishing and search engine optimisation acquisitions - expanding its multiplatform model to Singapore.

Multimedia factual producer Ten Alps plc ("Ten Alps" or the "Company”) announces the formation of a majority-owned joint venture ("JV") company in Asia, and the acquisition by the JV of assets from Reed Business Information Asia ("RBI Asia") plus the trade of Interface Media Pte Limited ("Interface").

This initiative expands Ten Alps’ Singapore operations with websites, events and publications in television, engineering, air freight, pharmaceuticals, electronics as well as business to business online media sales and search engine optimisation.

Ten Alps launched an Asian TV production business in August 2009 in Singapore. With the addition of 30 employees through the JV, the Company has replicated its multi-platform model of factual media in fast-growing Asian markets, including mainland China.

Joint venture formed in Singapore

Ten Alps has formed Ten Alps Communications Asia Pte Limited ("TACA"), registered in Singapore, in which it holds a 60% stake alongside Karay Holdings Pte Limited ("Karay"), who holds the remaining 40%. Ten Alps has an option to acquire the Karay holding in 2013.

TACA will be run by Raymond Wong and report to the Ten Alps Communications division. Raymond is the former Managing Director of RBI Asia, with significant senior management experience across media companies across the region. He is the owner of Karay and has responsibility for developing TACA and the Ten Alps Communications portfolio in Asian markets.

Acquisition of publishing and events assets

With effect from 1 February 2010, TACA will purchase ten titles from RBI Asia including websites, events and publications associated with the following assets: Television Asia, Asia Image, Payload Asia, Control Engineering Asia, Asia Food Journal, Pharma Asia, Electronics Manufacturing Asia, Electronics Manufacturing China, Logistics Insight Asia and Travel Weekly China. The titles have prominent market share positions across targeted niche sectors in the Asian market.

These Asian titles offer an opportunity in their own right, particularly online, plus the opportunity for Ten Alps to expand the commercial reach of its complementary U.K. specialist portfolio into Asia on the back of the acquired sales and distribution organisation.

Acquisition of online and search-specialist media business

In addition, with effect from 1 February 2010, TACA has agreed to purchase the trade of Interface. Interface specialises in media sales, digital and online search engine optimisationservices in the Asian business to business sector. These services will complement the publishing operations and offer a platform to grow a strong online business in the region.

TACA will combine the RBI Asia and Interface operations into a new base in Singapore with associated operations in mainland China. The organisation will facilitate distribution and sales activity to all major Asian markets.

Adrian Dunleavy, Chief Executive of Ten Alps’ Communications Division commented:

"Ten Alps Communications Asia is formed with first-class local management headed by an experienced manager in Raymond Wong.

The business has made two strong initial moves in the market, with potential to develop the acquired assets using publishing techniques deployed successfully in our U.K. operations.

We will target strong business and product development in the region, and transfer a number of our existing business models into the business to business and government sectors in Asia over the coming months."

For further information:

Ten Alps plc     
Alex Connock, CEO    
c/o Moira McManus
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7878 2311
www.tenalps.com
    
Grant Thornton Corporate Finance - Nominated Adviser    
Gerry Beaney / Robert Beenstock   
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7383 5100
www.gtuk.com    
    
Canaccord Adams - Broker    
Mark Williams    
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7050 6500
www.canaccordadams.com

Pelham PR - Public Relations    
Alex Walters / Francesca Tuckett   
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7337 1500
www.pelhampr.com

  • Share:

  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • reddit
  • Facebook
  • StumbleUpon
About Ten Alps | share price | © 2012 Ten Alps Plc
gipoco.com is neither affiliated with the authors of this page nor responsible for its contents. This is a safe-cache copy of the original web site.