Greetings!! I’d love to speak at your next event if it’s a fit for both of us. Please review the information on this page, then contact me with your inquiry! I’d love to connect.
Below I outline the various types of speaking and training about which I’m most experienced and passionate. My calendar gets booked up fast and I prefer to do paid keynotes. My speaking fees range from $15,000 to $65,000, depending on complexity, duration and proximity of the engagement. I also often speak on stages where I can make a special product offer. For my current speaking calendar, please go here.
Click here to watch this presentation (this video is temporarily not available) – from Gulltaggen, the premier Nordic Tech conference in April 2011. Other speakers included Gary Vaynerchuk, Chris Brogan, and Bryan Eisenberg.
I’m the co-author of Facebook Marketing: An Hour A Day as well as a contributing author to several other titles. My next book The New Relationship Marketing is now available, publishing by John Wiley & Sons.
Though my knowledge, expertise and experience covers most all of social media marketing, I am most known for my Facebook passion and am often asked to speak exclusively on Facebook Marketing. However, I’m just as adept with Twitter and frequently speak on optimizing both Facebook and Twitter as well as how to integrate social media marketing into traditional marketing, best practices, social media policies, social media management systems, relationship marketing, personal branding, and more.
If you’re interested in having me speak at your next event, please email me the following seven points regarding your event and cc my Executive Assistant, Lori Westbay, and my team and I will get back to you as soon as possible:
By way of reference, please review my 2009 and 2010 speaking engagements here. And, 2011 plus current calendar of events here.
I am updating my professional speaker reel and will be adding here shortly, which will include clips from many of my past engagements.
Facebook has significant implications for business owners, marketers, and entrepreneurs. This highly successful online social networking platform currently boasts over 800 million active members. Over half of all active members log in daily for an average session time of 55 minutes – that’s a huge captive audience!
Twitter is also a wildly popular social network with hundreds of millions of members. Yet, even with its 140-character simplicity, Twitter can be infinitely more complex than Facebook to understand how to use effectively. There’s a right way and a wrong way and you need to know the difference.
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and other social media sites are extremely powerful marketing mediums you can use to exponentially grow your business.
During this information-rich session, Mari will share proven strategies for generating significant online profits using social media, including [NOTE - these are *sample* benefits, not all would be included in a one-hour talk, for example]:
Mari has extensive expertise in speaking to business owners, entrepreneurs, independent professionals, coaches, speakers, authors and trainers. She also loves to lead in-house customized immersion days for companies of all sizes.
Mari is comfortable speaking in front of audiences as few as five and as many as 5,000, or more.
Mari Smith is a Relationship Marketing Specialist and one of the world’s foremost experts on Facebook marketing. She is author of The New Relationship Marketing and coauthor of Facebook Marketing: An Hour A Day, both published by Wiley.
Fast Company describes Mari as, “A veritable engine of personal branding, a relationship marketing whiz and the Pied Piper of the Online World.” Both Dun & Bradstreet Credibility and Forbes named Mari one of the Top Ten Influencers in Social Media.
Through her consulting and training business, Mari helps businesses to accelerate their profits by integrating proven social media marketing strategies. She also travels the United States and internationally to share her wisdom and provide social media keynotes and in-depth training. Plus, Mari mentors up and coming social media professionals in a variety of specializations. One hundred graduates have gone through Mari’s intense social media professionals training since 2009 and many continue to be under her mentorship.
With her popular blog at MariSmith.com, and her large, loyal following on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ Mari is considered one of the top resources and thought leaders in the world of marketing. She regularly appears in media locally and nationally in publications such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Inc., Forbes, Fortune, and Success Magazine.
A self described “bubbly Scottish-Canadian,” Mari was born and raised in Canada to Scottish parents, then lived in Edinburgh for 20 years, and moved to sunny San Diego, California in 1999. Connect with Mari at www.marismith.com.
1. Tell us about your journey to becoming such a strong leader in the world of social media…
2. What’s your definition of relationship marketing, and what is new about this type of marketing?
3. You talk about certain soft skills as “the new business skills everyone needs” – what are some of these skills we need to develop as marketers and why?
4. What are some of the most common fears that prevent individuals and businesses from fully embracing social technologies?
5. How do you suggest people make the most of social media, without it becoming all-consuming?
6. In your book, you dedicated an entire chapter to the importance of surrounding yourself with the right support team and staff – say more about how this impacts relationship marketing…
7. On the subject of the right people, you describe “the five contact circles” in your book (intimates, friends, key contacts, acquaintances and community at large). Which of these groups is the most critical for relationship marketing and how do we expand that group?
8. In terms of building a loyal network, just how important is it to build loyalty? And what are some ways to do so?
9. How can someone become a center of influence in his or her network?
10. So much advice out there focuses on using online social networking in your marketing plans; but in your book you really emphasize the importance of blending online with offline – can you share some tips to do this effectively?
11. What are some of the biggest mistakes businesses make today regards social technologies online and offline?
12. Do you have any tips on how businesses can best handle negative comments, trolls, and spammers?
13. Do you think businesses today are missing out if they’re not nurturing relationships on all the major social platforms, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and now Google+?
14. With all the competing demands for consumers’ attention, how can business owners ensure they stand out?
15. Let’s talk about building a profitable network – what are some tips you can share about how businesses can turn all this networking into an increase in the bottom line?
16. I know you’re really passionate about inspiring others to make a positive impact on the world – say more about your concept of “Conscious Social Media”…
17. What is the future of relationship marketing as technology continues to rapidly evolve?
18. If you were to “press the reset button” and start all over again, what would you do differently?
19. Who should read your new book and how will they benefit?
20. How can people find out more about your new book?
Click for full size images:
“You were excellent as usual. Love the way you cover the basics so well but always weave in some power moves for the experienced.”
“This was a phenomenal class. Ideal for anyone who wants to find out how to get going on Facebook.”
“I absolutely ADORE your work. I find that you are so inspirational to entrepreneurs and women in particular! You are a true marketing professional .”
“Thank you for such an informative and fun session at Ali’s OSBW. Your passion is inspiring! I can’t wait to put all your great Facebook tips into practice!!”
~Annemarie Segaric Garcia
“I just wanted to thank you for the info at the Social Media Show. I am tripling my Facebook conversion with just one of your shared tactics!”
“Loved your Facebook class. It was the most informative class I have ever been on and it helped me feel so much more comfortable using Facebook.”
“Just so you know, you are one of my heros here [on Twitter]. You have been so kind and helpful. I am such a newbie and you are always there to give and share.”
“I found you by way of the interview you did with Patsi and Denise. Excellent information. One of the best interviews I have heard in a long time.”
Contact Mari today for your social media training, workshop, seminar, immersion day or multi-speaker event! Rate sheet available upon request.
Popularity: 1% [?]