Lee tagged me (and Samantha, and Amanda too!) in this fun post on randomness and I figured I’d throw one together as well, because let’s face it, sometimes we get writer’s block and sometimes the most random posts are the best/most fun, right?
I hate introducing myself to people. Because no matter what, nobody ‘gets’ my first name on first mention. ‘Jillian?’ “Jolee?’ “Jilane?’ It starts to get embarrassing to keep correcting them. I have been known to just let it go after a few times, if I know I’ll never see them again (in an airplane, for example. introducing myself to my seatmate).
I dislike Coldplay. And any whiny band or singer. Adele is another. Absolutely cannot stand her music. In part because she is overplayed on the radio and because I want to jab a fork in my eye. Enough depressing lyrics!
I hate yoga. Even though I know I need to embrace it. It’s on my list. Somewhere (along with learning to swim).
(why are my randoms all hates today?!)
I met George Clooney. I think I’ve said that here before though. When he was filming the Perfect Storm in my hometown. He’s hot.
The split second before M came into the restaurant for our first date, I had this fear that he was going to be some really smooooooth operator. I have no idea why. I just had a fear that he wasn’t going to be what I was expecting. Thank God I was wrong
My first kiss took 30 minutes to actually happen. I was 17. First boyfriend. I was afraid of kissing for fear of doing it wrong. And kept turning away until I got the nerve up (note: he knew this and wasn’t being forceeful, he was just trying to make me comfortable). I can remember every minute of that fear-laden 30 minutes!
My feet are size 8.5. I always wanted the cute shoes in the display that are size 6 and when I request them in my size, they look like boats. Not cool.
I hate talking on the phone. As in shooting the shit, chit-chat. I’ve just never liked it. Not one of those be on the phone for hours types. M isn’t either. Whew
I have outgrown lactose intolerance. At least I think I have. And that is more exciting than…I dunno, quite a few things. I love cheese. And ice cream. Like whoa.
I say like whoa a lot. Clearly.
I cackle when I laugh. But only when something is REALLY funny. (I also laugh when I’m nervous)
The 11 randoms from Lee:
1. What was (or is) your major in college? Communications!
2. What is your favorite form of exercise? barre n9ne, hands down. (was thisclose to saying running, but I gotta hand it to b arre n9ne!)
3. What’s your guilty pleasure? wine. duh.
4. Do you tell people about your blog or is it sort of secret? quasi-secret. I won’t share it with coworkers or on Facebook, and my closest friends know of it, but I don’t go broadly with it. Most of what I write now isn’t *too* too personal, but some of it is, so I’d rather have a little control over who reads it freely.
5. What food do you hate? This question ALWAYS stumps me! Because I can never think of a food I hate (weird, right? What can I say, I *love* food). But let’s see…octopus would be up there. and I used to hate capers for no real reason (they seemed unecessary to me), but I think I’d like them now, my palatte is ever-changing.
6. What’s the last book that you read? Reading one now – Sister. VERY good.
7. Mac or PC? Mac! All the way!
8. If you could go anywhere on your next vacation, where would you go? Greece. Turks & Caicos, and Tahiti just cuz it sounds exotic (Hi, I just got back from Tahiti! <–how cool would that be to say?!)
9. What habit that you have would you like to change? doubting myself. and biting my cuticles.
10. What’s your favorite beverage (alcoholic or non)? wine. coffee.
11. What’s your go-to dinner when you don’t want to cook? sushi!!
The 11 from Samantha are:
- What is your #1 go to workout song? Sexy and You Know it – LMFAO!
- If you had to choose 3 foods to eat for the rest of your life (and nothing else) what would they be? cheese, chocolate and oatmeal.
- If you were given an unlimited vacation budget – but it had to be used on ONE trip – where would you go and why? Italy. Because my family is from there and I know I could spend an entire month traveling up and down the coast and to Sicily…eating my way through the country, of course.
- What are you more afraid of: snakes or spiders? Spiders. Effing hate those suckers.
- Puppies or kitties? Do you have any? Kitties! I love my cats as if they were my children. Well, they are, just of the furbaby variety.
- What dead rockstar would you bring back if you could? Hmm. First one that comes to mind is Left Eye from TLC…haha, though she’s not really a rockstar, but I really liked her!
- What is the most random thing you collect (or have collected?)? Um, nothing? I think collecting things just makes clutter. My ex-husband had a hideous (and huge) collection of Transformers. Enough said?
- What one article of clothing (or accessory) do you have to wear every single day? I don’t really have any must-haves? Does a bra count? ;-P
- If you could only eat FRUITS or VEGGIES, but not both, which would you choose? FRUIT! I could eat fruit all day and all night. Love them all.
- Beach or mountains? Why? Beach. Nothing better than the sand between your toes…and the sun beating down on your face. Ahh, bliss.
- What is your favorite band EVER? Rob Thomas/Matchbox Twenty. Hands down.
The 11 randoms from Amanda are:
- What is your favorite TV show? Chopped! LOL.
- Skiiing: downhill, cross country or water (or all/none!) Water, if anything. I’ve never skied in my life, nor have any desire. I fear a broken bone and just never wanted to do it. I have water skied twice and would like to finally do it again this summer in Maine!
- Favorite season: winter, spring, summer or fall? Summer, hands down.
- Peanut butter or almond butter? Peanut. I love almond (and cashew!), but there’s nothing like peanut butter. I could eat it all day every day.
- Did you play sports in high school? Nope. Not a group sport talent in this body of mine!
- Who’s your favorite singer/band? Rob Thomas/Matchbox Twenty
- Country music: yay or nay? Meh. Some is okay, like Rascal Flatts a lot.
- What’s your favorite drink at Starbucks? straight up coffee. Or a soy misto. Nothing fancy necessary
- What is your current fitness goal? become barre n9ne certified of course
- What’s your favorite type of exercise? see above barre n9ne!!
- What’s your dream job? social media manager for lululemon. YES. (lol)
Questions for YOU to answer!
- What is your biggest fear?
- How tall are you?
- How many boyfriends or girlfriends have you had in your life?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Where are your top 3 destinations you’d like to travel to in your life?
- What color are your eyes?
- How did you find my blog?
- What was the first blog you ever read? OR Why did you start a blog (answer depending on which you are – a reader or a writer, or both!)
- iPhone? Droid? Blackberry?
- What errand do you hate the most? Or cleaning chore? (me? vacumming. Clearly).
TAGS! I’m gonna cheat and just make some
hints suggestions on those I’d love to do this…that haven’t already! (hehe). Stephanie, StartingOver, Heather, Shannon, IntrigueMe, Dorry and Lindsay!
Rules For Bloggers: (follow them if you want, but obviously, I took liberties with mine! Rules are meant to be broken, right?)
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people