Happy Valentine's Day!
» Sweet treats for your sweetheart
- Dried Fruit
- Turkish Figs
Certified: Gluten-Free Kosher
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Figs are fat-free, sodium-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jean February 10th, 2012
“Thanks again for the quick shipment. The Turkish Figs are wonderful, chestnuts were delicious. Will be ordering more in the future. Thanks.”
big r0n, Lewiston, ME February 2nd, 2012
“My first order experience with y'all was perfect, from top to bottom. My second experience was...someone even more perfect. You somehow managed to reduce the delivery time from two days two one. Touché. I'll be back for more, considering my roommates have been devouring my turkish figs and jumbo medjool dates.”
Marlene, Monroe, MI February 2nd, 2012
“Your record with me is perfect, everything arrived when you said it would, now I can't wait to try it all.....I did open the figs and they are wonderful.
Thanks for being a site I can trust for great merchandise.
Charlsie, Tennessee February 1st, 2012
“The package came and I'm soooo happy! I love the soy nuts, sunflower seeds, and pecans. The sunflower seeds are fresh as can be; that's hard to find.
The figs are gorgeous and my husband and I already ate the dates you sent as a gift!!! They're wonderful.
Thank you so much for the care you put into great food and care with orders. ”
Floria, Illinois February 1st, 2012
“Just as my mouth was watering for those wonderful Dried Strawberries the doorbell rang and Voila !!!! UPS man hands me my pkg.
Love love those strawberries,My favorite.
The figs which I ordered for the first time are so fresh and moist, the best I have had in a long time.
We love the chocolate malt balls in our home, They are not like the cheap ones in the stores.
Now I was surprised at the silly yellow bananas, I was expecting them to be soft and chewy but they were a hard candy, still very very flavorful.
The candied ginger. WOW what a burst of flavor with a hot punch to it.
Thank you again for the wonderful products and very fast delivery.”
Harold, King, NC January 19th, 2012
“I am very pleased with the hibiscus tea, candied ginger, and turkish figs. Ginger is great and a real bargain, love the tea, figs are the best dried figs ever, prices are spectacular!”
Maureen, Newport, Ri January 4th, 2012
“Love,love,love. Turkish figs are fantastic.
Pistachios are so fresh - so are the almonds.
Will definitely be back. Thank you so much.”
Denise January 4th, 2012
“Hey, you nutty people! I love the Turkish figs--very tasty. And I plan to use the chia seeds and agave syrup to make muffins recommended by Dr. Oz. I'm sure they will be tasty. Thanks for great products and speedy delivery!”
Martha, New Canaan, CT January 3rd, 2012
“Buying food from an online source is always tricky and I was concerned about quality when I ordered lemon drops and nuts.
The two bags came in two days, attractively packaged and when my husband and I sampled the foods, they were delicious and the figs were completely fresh.
I will certainly order from Nutsonline again. Thank you.”
Hilary, Newport, RI December 30th, 2011
“Package just arrived, right on the time. These are the best figs I've ever had- thanks!”
Showing 1-10 of 196
Jeri, Pittsburgh, PA August 20th, 2006
“Oh my gosh! I lived in Turkey for five years. It's known for its great food, but one of the things I loved most were the wonderful dried figs, which were always fat and moist, not dessicated like you find most other places. We buy them by the kilo! It's one of the foods I miss most (they're a great pre-workout snack!), so when I saw them on your website, I ordered a pound, but was skeptical they'd be the same. Well, I just tried them and was stunned to find the same excellent figs we ate in Turkey. These were fabulous, and the pound bag will disappear quickly. You have a customer for as long as you carry these!”
See 195 more customer reviews
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Have you tried…?
- gluten-free 717
- fruits without sulphur dioxide 115
You might also like
- Jumbo Medjool Dates
- Crystallized Ginger
- Chia Seeds
- Brie Stuffed Figs with Fresh Rosemary
- Chutney-Ham Stuffed Figs
- Sherries-Cheese Stuffed Figs
- Rosemary Fig Crackers
Got a recipe you think we'd like? Submit it here!
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|
From our family to yours…
“We’re More than Just Nuts,” and have been since 1929, when our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open air market. Today, our online store offers you the same personal service Poppy Sol did back then.
Read our story
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
If you experience a problem with any of our products, customer service, shipping, or even if you just plain don’t like what you bought, please let us know. We’ll do whatever it takes to make it right.Jeffrey and family