Me and Soledad O'Brien at CNN Studios after a live interview about one of my products for women
“Maryann Reid is hot and a true voice of her generation…Overlook her smart advice at your own expense.” –Dr. Jeff Gardere, bestselling author, VH1 host, NBC Today Show expert
“Maryann is a smart, resourceful content professional….She is a tireless writer and brims with new ideas and creative energy.” –former VP, CNN Howard Polskin, VP of Magazine Publishers of America
Award-winning author and tv/radio social commentator Maryann Reid has been featured by countless media outlets including USA Today, Essence, Glamour, The CBS Early Show, and The Wendy Williams Experience. She is an expert wordsmith and has a plethora of connections with women all over the world from her travels to Europe and The Caribbean, and is a popular guest lecturer at colleges, where she has taught her writing and business skills to groups who want to lead their ideal life on their own terms.
Maryann has been profiled in The New Yorker, Newsweek, Oprah.com, and NBC Nightly News for her innovative approach to life and solving its complex issues, including creating the uber-landmark event Marry Your Baby Daddy Day. This event originated from her third book, Marry Your Baby Daddy (St Martins Press, 2005) that was optioned by Hollywood actress Holly Robinson-Peete and Dolores Robinson.
As an author and professional speaker, Maryann has gathered a diverse roster of credentials and affiliations:
–Author of several books and short stories by St Martins Press and Penguin Putnam
–Published her first book, Sex and the Single Sister (St Martins Press) at 25 years old in two weeks
–Lecturer at various universities including St John’s University and Fordham University in NYC in Creative Writing and Business Communications
– Philanthropist, referred to as the “Oprah of Brooklyn”, for her work arranging all-expenses paid weddings for loving moms and dads, via her event Marry Your Baby Daddy Day
– Expert and social commentator on top-rated nationally syndicated radio shows like NPR’s Fresh Air, The Michael Baisden Show, Fox News Radio, CBS Radio, The Gayle King Show on Oprah Radio, etc
– Invited by USATODAY to write a novella, Single Black Female, for the acclaimed Open Book section of their website
Since her debut book Sex and the Single Sister, Maryann has been invited to speak to some of the most innovative groups all over the country and has received over 20 million media impressions worldwide via major news outlets like ABC News 20/20, NBC Nightly News and CNN.
Maryann received her BA in Journalism from Fordham and developed her writing and love for news at Random House and CNN. She later received her MFA in Creative Writing from the University of Miami. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY and steadily working on new products for women. Maryann welcomes ideas and collaboration. Her website is www.maryannreidinc.com.
“Maryann has a head-turning point of view and take on life. She has inspired me, and women like me, to live out loud, fully, and freely…I don’t read magazines anymore. I only read what Maryann writes, it’s hard not to.”
–Nicole McCullum, owner of Captivate Designs
maryann at alphanista dot com
eNews and Updates
Sign up to receive updates and a FREE ebook "How To Be An Alpha Female - Ten Tips Of Empowerment!"
Buy our featured ebooks, discounted, and proven to work-
9 Tuesdays: The "Let Go" Plan To Bring In Your Soulmate
How To Do Anything Like An Alphanista
- Married Men Make The Best Boyfriends? December 4, 2009
- Weekend Rewind: Virgin Monologues: I’m A Virgin August 7, 2009
- Weekend Rewind: Why I’m A Conservative September 24, 2011
- Weekend Rewind: ADVICE: I Want To Be A Submissive Woman February 26, 2010
- Weekend Rewind: How An Escort Can Save Your Relationship November 10, 2011
- Ebonnie: I am a little late but Congratulations! This is wo...
- sara: lmao, I\'ve done most of these without even realiz...
- Maryann: alpha males nurture, while other types control and...
- Lis: I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree. Some of the most miserly ...
- Maryann: Unfortunately, many more men/women think like this...
My Social Networks
What Would Devastate You More If Your Man Wanted To Break Up?
- Polls Archive
- He Said/She Said
- How To Be An Alphanista
- The Good Life
- WTF Fridays
- Yay or Nay?