AHS 68th Annual Forum and Technology Display:
The Biggest and Best Vertical Flight Technology Conference in the World!
May 1 – 3, 2012
Fort Worth Convention Center
Fort Worth, Texas
"Steering Vertical Flight Technology in New Directions"
Online registration is now available! Log in at the top of the page or click here to begin.
The AHS 68th Annual Forum and Technology Display is the world's leading international conference on vertical flight technology. The three-day event includes 250 presentations on every technical discipline from Acoustics to Unmanned Systems.
The Technology Display, running concurrent with the Forum, is the most extensive exposition of cutting edge vertical flight technologies in the world, and includes other technologies more broadly applicable to aerospace in general. Leading manufacturers, service providers, defense agencies, universities and research and development organizations will showcase the very latest in vertical flight technology.
Why should I attend?
- More than 250 technical papers! The Preliminary Technical Schedule is now available. (Please note that the paper order may change.) Learn from leaders in their fields as they discuss the latest theories and breakthroughs in vertical flight technology.
- Keynote presentation on The Future Vertical Lift Initiative by Jose Gonzalez, Director for Land Warfare and Munitions, Strategic and Tactical Systems, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics.
- A new, moderated CEO panel format with the chief executives of the international helicopter industry. Moderated by Graham Warwick, Senior Editor for Technology, Aviation Week & Space Technology, the panel will explore the vertical flight technology implications of “Future Directions for an Industry in a Challenging Budget Environment.”
- Dr. Gareth Padfield, The University of Liverpool, will deliver this year’s Alexander A. Nikolsky Honorary Lecture on “Handling Qualities Engineering,” and Dr. Richard L. Bennett (Bell Helicopter, Retired) will provide his highly-acclaimed Rotorcraft Technology Short Course.
- Major General Tim Crosby, US Army, Aviation Program Executive Officer for Aviation (PEO AVN), will lead the US Army Aviation Program Manager Briefings, and Rear Admiral Paul Grosklags, US Navy, Program Executive Officer for Air ASW, Assault & Special Mission Programs, PEO(A), will moderate the US Navy/Marine Corps Aviation Program Manager Briefings.
- A new special session will feature International Science & Technology Program Manager Briefings, moderated by Dr. Bill Lewis, Director of Aviation Development, US Army.
- See the latest technologies from leading manufacturers, service providers, defense agencies, universities and research & development organizations in our extensive technology display.
- Interact and share ideas with 1300 of the world's leading vertical flight professionals.
- Recognition of AHS award winners and scholarship recipients at the Vertical Flight Foundation Reception and The Grand Awards Banquet.
- Special pre-Forum activities on Monday, April 30th, including a Rotorcraft Technology Short Course, special panel session on The Intersection of Rotorcraft & Wind Energy, and planned tour of local Bell Helicopter facilities.
- And much, much more!
Where is the Forum?
- Forum 68 will be held at the Fort Worth Convention Center, May 1 - 3.
- Make your hotel reservations through our website for special discounts. Don't miss out -- the hotel block expires on Thursday April 5th!
- Need Fort Worth travel tips? The Fort Worth Convention and Visitors Bureau provides some great information on car and air travel as well as the Fort Worth area.
- Receive a discount on American Airlines!
OK, I want to attend Forum 68!
- Check out our Registration Information page, or:
- If you are a member, log in using the boxes at the top of the page. Select "access your profile online" and click the link for Forum 68 under "Events" to register online.
- You may also register online by visiting our membership portal and selecting the link for "Forum 68" under "Register for Featured Events." Online registration provides a comprehensive list of registration options, including 1-, 2- and 3-day options for members and non-members, Forum Proceedings, workshops and more.
- You can also download the printable registration form and fax it in to AHS at +1-703-739-9279, ATTN: Holly Cafferelli.
- Exhibitors have a separate registration site; if you have already applied for exhibit space and wish to register booth personnel, access information for this site will be sent to your booth's point of contact. For further information please contact Liz Malleck (+1-703-684-6777, ext. 107).
I am presenting a paper at the Forum
- Take a look at the Forum 68 Call for Papers (the closing date for abstract submissions has passed).
- Information on submitting your paper can be found at the Mira website.
- Review the Forum 68 Author's Guide for preparing your paper and presentation.
- The Technical Paper Schedule tells you when your paper is scheduled
I want to exhibit at the Technology Display or be a sponsor!
- Visit our Exhibitors page for everything you need to know about exhibiting.
- Learn about available sponsorships and their benefits.
Important event information
- Authors' Guide
- Hotel Information
- Registration Kit
- Forum 68 Schedule Overview