The Perforce Plug-in for WebSphere Studio
P4WSAD, the Perforce Plug-in for WebSphere Studio, enables you to access Perforce from within any of the WebSphere Studio WorkBench family of products, including:
- Eclipse 2.1, 3.0.x through 3.2.x (Release Builds only)
- IBM WebSphere Studio 2.1
- IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer 5.1 and up
- IBM WebSphere Studio Site Developer 5.1 and up
- IBM WebSphere Studio Homepage Builder 6
- IBM Rational Application Developer 6
Support for all basic Perforce file operations.
Views for pending changelists, submitted changelists, revision histories, and a Perforce console.
Batch resolve of files.
Built-in differencing, job support, rename, and move.
Support for automatic file checkout and numbered changelists.
Decorations for Perforce-managed files, including indicators for files
that are synced, opened, locked, or unresolved.
- UTF-8 is supported for Unicode-enabled servers.
- Work offline when the connection
to the Perforce Server is not available.
- Check Consistency Option: You can check your workspace for files not under
Perforce control, files that are changed but not open for edit, and files that are missing but not open for delete. This is especially useful when reconnecting after having worked offline.
New Features included for Release 2006.2
(see the Release Notes for a complete list)
- A "Filter by Client" option has been added to the P4 Depots view. Eclipse will provide a depot view based on the client workspace selected.
P4WSAD can be used with Perforce Server versions 2002.2 and above.
For connecting to a unicode enabled server, the plugin requires a version
2003.2 or later of the p4 client.
P4WSAD is supported only on Windows 2000/XP and Linux (x86/GTK 2).
- To install P4WSAD, open the Update Manager / Software Updates from Eclipse or WebSphere
and create a new site bookmark with the following URL: www.perforce.com/downloads/http/p4-wsad/install/
- For further details and complete installation instructions,
see the Release Notes.
Perforce Technical Support
with any P4WSAD questions.
Eclipse, Built on Eclipse and Eclipse Ready are trademarks of Eclipse Foundation, Inc.