Pretty Pictures Make Friends
Yes, yesterday's White House unveiling of the Clintons' portraits was uncommonly non-partisan and sweet, there was no reason to put the headline "Love In" on the cover, NY Post, because now Gothamist's headache is worse, with visions of swinging couples and key parties. Sigh, why did our eleventh grade teacher make us read a lot of Cheever?
Read the transcript and watch the video from the White House...Gothamist has wondered if the White House transcribers add "laughter" even when there isn't laughing, you know, to make the President feel better: "People in Bill Clinton's life have always expected him to succeed -- and, more than that, they wanted him to succeed. And meeting those expectations took more than charm and intellect -- it took hard work and drive and determination and optimism. And after all, you've got to be optimistic to give six months of your life running the McGovern campaign in Texas. (Laughter and applause.)...Hillary's commitment to public service continued when she left this house. Listen, New York politics is a serious business -- (laughter) -- it's rough business."
NY Post: Bush Now A Bubba Booster; the NY Times on the artist, Simmie Knox and the Washington Post on how Bush keeps getting upstaged (first Reagan, now Clinton). Tien on Hillary's pants suit and Wonkette on Chelsea's hair.
- Bill Clinton
- New York
- News: National
- NY Post
- NY Times
- public service
- Washington Post
- White House
best of gothamist
- [UPDATE] Photos, Video: Mob Trashes Audi At Broadway And Bleecker During Fashion's Night Out
- 10 Fall Restaurant Openings We're Excited To Loosen Our Belts For
- Photos: Cats Crash Last Night's Dog Fashion Show
- Your Guide To The Best Drinking Fountains In Manhattan
- Colorful Costumes, Dirty Dancing: Photos Of 2012 West Indian American Day Parade
- Gothamist End Of Summer Guide: 20 Things To Do In September
- At Least 24 Cyclists Were Killed In NYC Last Year, But Gawker Wants More
- Photos: Star, The Dog Shot By Cop In East Village, Is Okay!
- Eugene Mirman: I'm Just A Crazy Artist Who Has A Bunch Of Reasonably Similar Shirts
- Lawsuit: NYPD Detective "Viciously" Strangled, Killed Man
send a firstname.lastname@example.org
all our cities
one convenient app