Articles Tagged ‘Beyblade’
New Nelvana titles to kick off Kidsco 2013 skedTV
Series including Grossology, Jacob Two-Two and Babar will premiere on the channel, a joint-venture owned by NBCUniversal and Toronto, Canada-based Corus Entertainment.
November 22, 2012 Danielle Ng-See-Quan
New study reveals girls are increasingly into boy brandsCONSUMER PRODUCTS / KID INSIGHT
Results from Young Love, an annual US study by youth and family research firm Smarty Pants, reveal that young girls are quickly being drawn to “boy-skewing” brands like Lego, Beyblade, and Batman.
November 16, 2012 Jeremy Dickson
Burger King kids meals dish out Beyblade toysCONSUMER PRODUCTS / RETAIL
Corus Entertainment-owned Nelvana Enterprises and d-rights have partnered with restaurant chain Burger King in a new summer promotion that will see Beyblade action racer toys featured in the QSR’s kids meals in more than 3,300 restaurants in territories including Latin America, Europe, the UK and the Middle East.
June 18, 2012 Jeremy Dickson
Corus posts higher Q2 revenue earningsTV
Despite a tough ad sales market, Corus Entertainment, owner of kidcasters YTV, Nickelodeon Canada and Treehouse, posted higher revenue earnings in Q2 and its kids business showed growth helped by merchandise sales of Nelvana’s Beyblade property.
April 12, 2012 Jeremy Dickson
Nelvana spins with Toys ‘R’ UsNEWS
Nelvana Enterprises, the international commercial division of Canada’s Corus Entertainment, has partnered with Toys ‘R’ Us across Canada to create live in-store battle tournaments for its Beyblade franchise.
February 14, 2012 Jennifer Horn
Beyblade spins into Times SquareCONSUMER PRODUCTS / RETAIL
Nelvana Enterprises and Hasbro have partnered to open a boutique toy showcase featuring the boy-skewing Beyblade brand in New York’s Toys ‘R’ Us flagship store in Times Square throughout February.
February 3, 2012 Jeremy Dickson
Andrew Kerr heads to NelvanaPEOPLE MOVES
Industry veteran Andrew Kerr has been named head of consumer products, the Americas and Australasia for Corus Entertainment’s Toronto-based Nelvana Enterprises.
January 12, 2012 Jeremy Dickson
- The crisis in Japan could have a long-term impact on the $873 billion global consumer electronics industry (Advertising Age)
- The story may be over for Google’s ambitious digital book library (The New York Times)
- Facebook is kicking off more than 20,000 underage users every day (Herald Sun)
- How the Beyblade brand is spinning success (The Wall Street Journal)
March 23, 2011 Kidscreen Staff
Nelvana renews preschool, boys seriesBROADCASTER / TV
Corus Entertainment-owned Nelvana Enterprises has announced new episodes of animated series Max & Ruby, Beyblade and Bakugan, along with new licensing opportunities tied to each property.
February 9, 2011 Wendy Goldman Getzler
- Nickelodeon upfront gives kids more comedy, curriculum and community
- Parragon delivers Barbie and Monster High books to North American girls
- 9 Story on-board new PBS Kids series Peg + Cat
- Sprout gets more musical with Little Airplane’s Sing It, Laurie!
- Blue’s Clues co-creator launches kids interactive media venture
- COPPA clarity: Proceed with caution