Team PNoy, formerly known as the LP-Akbayan-NPC-NP-LDP Coalition, is the umbrella coalition of the administration-backed senatorial line-up for the 2013 Philippine Senate election. Team PNoy is composed mostly of supporters of current Philippine president, Benigno Aquino III. The coalition is composed of the Liberal Party, Nacionalista Party, Nationalist People's Coalition, Laban ng Demokratikong Pilipino and the Akbayan Citizens' Action Party.
|Juan Edgardo "Sonny" Angara||Congressman, Lone District of Aurora; Son of Sen. Edgardo Angara|
|Paolo Benigno "Bam" Aquino IV||Social Entrepreneur; Cousin of President Noynoy Aquino|
|Alan Peter Cayetano||Senator|
|Francis "Chiz" Escudero||Senator|
|Ana Theresia "Risa" Hontiveros-Baraquel||Former Congresswoman, Akbayan Party List|
|Ma. Ana Consuelo "Jamby" Madrigal-Valade||Former Senator|
|Ramon Magsaysay, Jr.||Former Senator|
|Aquilino Martin "Koko" Pimentel III||Senator|
|Grace Poe||Former Chairman, Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB)|
|Antonio Trillanes IV||Senator|
|Cynthia Villar||Former Congresswoman, Las Piñas City Lone District; Wife of Sen. Manny Villar|
THE EQ POST ENDORSEMENT
The EQualizer Post endorses the Team P.Noy complete slate for the following strong reasons:
A) As tough as the times are, the selection of 12 new senators for the Philippines is easy.
The Team Pinoy is our choice.We must elect twelve senators who will help President Noynoy Aquino.
The Aquino administration's primary thrust in eradicating corruption through its "matuwid na daan" (straight path) strategy is definitely working. The last thing we need now is an obstructionist Senate!
We obviously cannot support a UNA senatorial slate under the leadership of a disgraced ex-president convicted and pardoned for PLUNDER.
We cannot support a UNA slate under the collective leadership of the "3 Musketeers" who offer us the "constructive opposition" of trapos. Always remember the political gridlock problems of the U.S. because of an obstructionist Republican House!
We cannot elect the children of the 3 musketeers who simply espouse UNA's "new politics" of dynastic rule.
C) President Aquino and Team P.Noy will make these changes across many aspects of our national life.1. From a President who tolerates corruption to a President who is the nation’s first and most determined fighter of corruption.
2. From a government that merely conjures economic growth statistics that our people know to be unreal to a government that prioritizes jobs that empower the people and provide them with opportunities to rise above poverty.
3. From relegating education to just one of many concerns to making education the central strategy for investing in our people, reducing poverty and building national competitiveness.
4. From treating health as just another area for political patronage to recognizing the advancement and protection of public health, which includes responsible parenthood, as key measures of good governance.
5. From justice that money and connections can buy to a truly impartial system of institutions that deliver equal justice to rich or poor.
6. From government policies influenced by well-connected private interests to a leadership that executes all the laws of the land with impartiality and decisiveness.
7. From treating the rural economy as just a source of problems, to recognizing farms and rural enterprises as vital to achieving food security and more equitable economic growth,worthy of re-investment for sustained productivity.
8. From government anti-poverty programs that instill a dole-out mentality to well-considered programs that build capacity and create opportunity among the poor and the marginalized in the country.
9. From a government that dampens private initiative and enterprise to a government that creates conditions conducive to the growth and competitiveness of private businesses, big, medium and small.
10. From a government that treats its people as an export commodity and a means to earn foreign exchange, disregarding the social cost to Filipino families to a government that creates jobs at home, so that working abroad will be a choice rather than a necessity; and when its citizens do choose to