It’s natural to lose facial volume and definition and gain lines & wrinkles as you age. If lost facial volume has left you looking more gaunt than glowing, have no fear: treatment with dermal fillers – sometimes referred to as a “liquid facelift” – can provide an excellent solution to the problem of lost collagen.
Dermal fillers can achieve overall beauty enhancement by contouring and balancing the profile of the face, adding volume to the lips, augmenting the cheeks, and smoothing out lines & wrinkles. They are excellent solutions to these common signs of facial aging:
- Deep lines & wrinkles
- Lost volume in the lips
- Hollowness or dark circles beneath the eyes
- Noticeable nasolabial folds (lines around the mouth)
- Loss of skin elasticity and collagen
JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, RADIESSE®, VOLUMA™ and other injectable facial fillers can help restore a more youthful appearance for women and men seeking nonsurgical anti-aging and beauty enhancing options.
Please request an appointment online or call us at 310-276-6772 to arrange your visit to our premier med spa catering to West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and all of Los Angeles. After reviewing all of your skin concerns, we will develop a custom plan of action with treatments tailored just for you.
The Motykie Med Spa Difference
- In addition to our wide variety of injectable facial fillers, Motykie Med Spa is pleased to offer JUVÉDERM® VOLUMA™, the first and only FDA-approved facial filler designed to restore lost volume in the cheeks.
- Our treatment staff is extensively trained in using dermal fillers to help both women and men reverse the signs of aging by restoring the look of youthful fullness.
- Our commitment to proactive wellness means facial fillers are only one part of a comprehensive health and beauty package that’s custom designed for your beauty goals.
- Enjoy your results with confidence, knowing that all our injectable treatments and dermal fillers are supervised by Dr. Gary Motykie, a nationally recognized Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Are Dermal Fillers Right for You?
Should you answer “YES!” to any of the following questions, facial fillers may be just what you need to minimize the signs of facial aging:
- Does lost facial volume and fullness make you look older or more tired than you really are?
- Do you notice new lines or even deep folds on your face?
- Do you want a nonsurgical beauty treatment capable of creating lasting results with minimal downtime?
- Are you frustrated by the loss of fullness in your lips?
- Do you see diminished facial volume due to the breakdown of collagen as you’ve gotten older?
- Have you always wanted fuller lips & cheeks for improved overall facial definition?
Dermal Fillers Fast Facts
- Most facial fillers boast results that last 6 months to a year or more.
- Some dermal fillers stimulate your body’s natural production of collagen, creating longer-lasting natural results and long-term anti-aging benefits.
- All of our facial fillers are FDA-approved and extensively tested for safety and efficacy.
- Several of our dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the human body that helps to hydrate and add volume to the skin.
Does It Hurt?
Facial fillers are injected with a needle – so does that make them painful? Fortunately, most patients barely notice the injection and experience only minor discomfort like bruising or swelling after their appointment. Below, we offer tips for bruising control after treatment. Always follow the post treatment instructions we provide in order to maximize your comfort. You may request the use of a topical numbing cream or local anesthetic, and some of our fillers already include lidocaine in the injected gel to decrease pain. You will see results almost immediately, and little to no downtime is required.
How Does It Work?
All of our dermal fillers work differently to decrease the appearance of lines and wrinkles and stimulate your body’s natural production of collagen.
- JUVÉDERM® is a long-lasting hyaluronic acid dermal fillers. This clear gel-like filler is injected into the treatment area and then smoothed or sculpted to achieve a natural look.
- Restylane® (a lighter filler that is perfect for the under-eye area) and Perlane® (a thicker filler for full facial lifting) are injectable hyaluronic acid treatments that create a “liquid facelift” effect by restoring lost volume to the lower eyelid area, lip edge, nasolabial folds, cheeks, chin and more.
- VOLUMA™, from the makers of JUVÉDERM®, is a thicker consistency gel for deep injection in the cheek area, designed to correct age-related volume loss and achieve full-face rejuvenation.
- RADIESSE® provides the volume and lift needed to reduce the signs of aging with calcium-based microspheres suspended in a medical-grade gel. After treatment, RADIESSE® acts as a scaffold beneath the skin, providing a structure and stimulus for your body’s own collagen to grow.
Most of our patients see increased volume and reduced wrinkles almost immediately after treatment, with further results seen after any mild swelling dissipates, usually less than a week following injection. We will work with you to develop a treatment plan and schedule follow-up injections to maintain your results. With most of our dermal fillers and facial fillers, subsequent injections are recommended every 4 to 9 months.
Other Treatments to Consider
If dermal fillers appeal to you, you may want to consider the following treatments either in conjunction with or instead of facial fillers:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic
- JuVaShape™ Skin Smoothing
Pre & Post Care Instructions (pdf)
Risks & Complications (pdf)
Bruising Control (pdf)