Table of Contents
- TopSpeed Bidding.
- Terms and Conditions.
- Auction Viewer.
- the "Beating your own Drum" Department.
- Other Web Sites by Droege.
Stamp Auction Network is the ultimate web site for collectors looking
for information about stamp auctions. It includes a Worldwide Auction
Calendar with links to complete auction catalogs, Online images of stamps
in auctions, prices realized, auction company profiles, articles about auctions,
and other auction related information. Stamp Auction Network is THE
source of information on Stamp Auctions.
For more information please contact us at:
Droege Computing Services
20 West Colony Place, Suite 120
Durham, North Carolina 27705-5520
To request more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stamp Auction Network News and Facts
- December 31, 2014. Announcing StampAuctionNetwork for Mobile Devices! Just click on the link or go to
mStampAuctions.com or StampAuctionMobile.com to use StampAuctionNetwork on any of your mobile devices. The new interface has
been in development for a year now, and has been tested by our own StampAuctionNetwork mobile evaluation team, so it is ready for
general use. Please send any additional feedback my way!
- July 10, 2014. The 1st Fantasy Philately! contest is concluded. See the Results!
- June 26, 2014, a 30c Ultramarine & Carmine, Flags Inverted (121b) sold in the Siegel Rarities of the World to a SAN Live Bidder for $290,000. See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- May 13, 2014, a few new records for SAN Live Bidders. The C3a 24¢ Invert Position 89, sold
to a SAN Live bidder for $230,000. Interestingly, it last sold to a different SAN Live bidder two years
earlier for $150,000.See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- April 1, 2014. The 2nd Annual TourdeCure Charity Auction for the American Diabetes Association
realized over $11,000. The autographed copy of Bill Gross's book sold for $775.
- November 5, 2013. Announcing "Fantasy Philately" at StampAuctionNetwork.com
- June 25, 2013, SAN Live Bidders shattered several 6 year records which I did not think would be broken.
First the new record for a single lot sold to a live bidder is $1,950,000 breaking the old record of
$650,000. The new monthly record is already over $5 million which breaks the previous
monthly record of $4.3 million. See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- June 8, 2013 - Let us do your Searches for you! Manage your Saved Searches and opt in for email notification. Just Login, and pick Search to turn your
saved searched into email notifications. You will get matches on your searches via email when the auctions are first posted.
- May 23rd, 2013 - Language Translation Introduced. Press the "Translate On" button to translate from English to any of
several dozen languages, or to translate to English. Please send your comments to email@example.com.
- March 29, 2013 - A record month at StampAuctionNetwork. 3,931 lots sold to 476 different
live bidders for $3,870,432 for the month of March, 2013!
- March 29, 2013 ** New Records** See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- January 30, 2013. New Search Features let you pull lots added since a date and then save that data to an excel file.
- StampAuctionNetwork is on Facebook! Like us!
- May 4th, 2012. We added some pagination to the search feature to make it easier to use. No limits on results now.
- Dec 14th, 2011. Non US Live bidders take most of Kelleher Delta Collection. 51% of the sale went to Live Bidders,
but the US made up only 10% of that. Most went to Saudia Arabian, Egyptian, and UAE bidders.
- October 31, 2011 - A record month at StampAuctionNetwork. 2,985 lots sold to 620 different
live bidders for $3,851,952 for the month of October, 2011!
- June, 2007. $650,000 record for a lot sold on the Internet,
$3.1 Million, record for a day,
$4.3 Million to Live Bidders for the month.
- October 16, 2011 - Another busy live bidding week.
1534 lots were sold to live bidders totaling $1.3 million
and 348 different winning bidders participated in
auctions by Siegel, Apfelbaum, and Kelleher.
- August 19-20, 2011 - a record 171 different live bidders were sucessful in
the Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- June 4-5, 2010 - 137 different Live Bidders took home a record 837 lots totaling $660,000
at the Harmers Sale.
- March 12, 2010 - A record 154 Live Bidders took home 515 lots totaling $672,635
at Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- Robert A. Siegel sells over 40% of Sale 983 to Live Bidders - February 23, 2010
- 3,421 unique visits per day as of February, 2010
- September 13, 2008 -
A record 130 Live Bidders took home 796 lots totaling $817,000
at Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- with over 16,000 Registered Bidders!
- October 21-24, 2010 - a record 174 different Live Bidders took home a record 1014 lots totaling $576,215 at the
Daniel Kelleher Sale.
- $2.7 Million to Live Bidders in April, 2009
- $2.5 Million to Live Bidders in May, 2008,
Articles from The Collectors Guide to Stamp Auctions and previous postings
at Stamp Auction Network
Stamp Auctions - All You Wanted to Know
Gilbert Roderick of Downeast Stamps wrote the first article which was
published in the first Guide. We appreciate the good work he did on
this piece that relates good information to the beginning auction buyer.
On the Floor of the Auction
Scott Trepel, President of the well-known Siegel Auction Galleries in New
York, wrote the second article, which shares the insight and experience he
has gained as a true "veteran" of the industry.
Steps to Buying Stamps at Auction
The article by Lowell S. Newman is a compilation of several columns
written for the American Stamp Dealer's Association. Our heartfelt thanks
to Joe Savarese, Executive Director, American Stamp Dealers Association,
for allowing us to use the material.
What is an Auction Agent
Last, but not least, is Jeff Purser's, of Purser Associates, article on the
benefits of using an auction agent. His firm has an excellent reputation
among buyers and auction firms alike. In his article, Jeff raises difficult
questions that, as a buyer, you should consider.
The Sandford Fleming 3 Pence Essay - Charles G. Firby's research on Canada's first postage stamp.
Stamp Auction Network - TopSpeed Bidding
September 23rd - 1996 Droege Computing Services is pleased to announce our
new TopSpeed Bidding at Stamp Auction Network. This latest new feature
at Stamp Auction Network is:
Watch for Auction Firms at Stamp Auction Network displaying the
TopSpeed Online Bidding notice for Online bidding at Stamp Auction
- An advanced bid entry form that enables bidders on the Internet to
enter their customer info, address, phone, bids, limits, or bids, special
bidding instructions and references for up to 25 lots for each bid form.
(they may submit as many additional forms as they like).
- The bidder recieves an immediate Internet Confirmation of their bid. They
can print their confirmation to confirm that it was SENT.
- The Auction Firm receives your bids by EMAIL. They can send you an
immediate confirmation -- and if the Auction Firm uses our Camera-Ready
Auction Management Software, they can import the bids directly into their
system, insuring accurate bid entry.
Terms and Conditions.
Each Auction firm has their own set of published Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Before you may bid on any of the lots offered by any of these firms, you must
have read and agreed to their Terms and Conditions. There is no substitute
for reading carefully and understanding the terms and conditions of any auction
firm that you submit bids to.
The information provided at "Stamp Auction Network" is provided "as
is" without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. Droege
Computing Services, Inc. makes no warranty, express or implied, with
respect to the information provided herein and specifically disclaims
the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular
purpose. Droege Computing Services, Inc. does not warrant that this
information will meet your requirements or that the operation of this
service will be uninterrupted or error free.
Under no circumstances, and notwithstanding any failure of the
essential purpose of any limited remedy provided for herein, shall
DCS be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special,
consequential, or incidental damages (including damages for personal
injury, lost profits, business interruption, loss of business information,
and the like) arising out of the use of or inability to use this
information even if DCS has been advised of the possibility of such
No oral or written information or advice given by DCS, its
representatives, agents, or employees shall create a warranty or in any
way increase the scope of this warranty, and you may not rely on any
such information or advice.
If you are having trouble downloading catalogs because the images are taking
too long to load, you can set your browser to "not-auto load images".
Auction Viewer (AV) is a DOS program to facilitate the use of
"Zipped" auction catalogs downloaded from Stamp Auction Network.
Download Auction Viewer. Review Readme.txt.
Contact the Author, Frank Crown.
the "Beating your own Drum" Department
This site averages 120,000 visits each month.
Over 3000 Catalogs by more than 120 different auction firms have been posted,
totaling over 6 million lots since Stamp Auction Network was started. Typically,
there are over 50,000 active lots at auction and another 300,000 lots with
prices realized at the site. There are over 8,500 active registered bidders at SAN.
If you would like to register to be on our email list send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and mention "Register for Stamp Auction Network", Please also let us know how you found out about
Stamp Auction Network.
StampAuctionNetwork.com is the place to be if you want to see Online auction
catalogs from any of the following renowned auction firms:
Earl P.L. Apfelbaum, Inc.,
Matthew Bennett, Inc.,
Alan Blair Auctions,
Cherrystone Auctions, Inc.,
H.J.W. Daugherty Philatelic Auctions,
Charles G. Firby Auctions,
Dale Enterprises, Inc.,
Harmers of London,
Sam Houston Philatelics, Inc.,
Daniel F. Kelleher Co., Inc.,
Robert A. Lee Auctions,
Robert Lippert Co.,
James T. McCusker, Inc.,
Nutmeg Stamp Sales, Inc.,
David G. Phillips Co., Inc.,
Shreves Philatelic Galleries, Inc.,
Robert A. Siegel Auction Galleries, Inc.,
- 1994 - First to offer complete auction catalogs on the Internet
- 1994 - First to offer complete prices realized from a major auction firm on the Internet
- 1994 - First major presence for Auctions on the Internet
- 1997 - First fully Illustrated auction by a major auction firm
- 1997 - First to log over 10,000 visits in a month
- 1998 - First complete US Collection offered on the Internet - Zoellner Sale
- 1998 - First to reach over 1 Million Lots offered on the Internet
- 1998 - First to reach over 500 complete Auction Catalogs on the Internet
- 1999 - Received the highest award for any auction related Internet site for the 2 first Internet Competitions.
- 1999 - First to reach over 2 Million Lots offered on the Internet with 1,000 catalogs offered
- to date - over 80 different auction firms have posted complete catalogs at StampAuctionNetwork
- to date - over 400 million dollars of stamps have been offered at StampAuctionNetwork. That is more than twice the estimated revenue to date for eBAY in the same time period.
- to date - we maintain the most comprehensive auction calendar,
auction directory (over 300 entries worldwide), and the most complete linked
list to auction firms with web sites (over 160)
One of 10 "Most Important Philatelic Web Site"s as determined by
about.stamps.com. Sept - 2001
Gold Medal Midaphil 2000.
Highest rated Auction Site at Midaphil 1999.
Droege Computing Services is pleased to announce that Stamp
Auction Network was the highest rated Auction Site in the 1999 FIP Philatelic Web
Droege Computing Services is pleased to announce that Stamp
Auction Network is the recipient of the prestigious.. "Quiet Revolution 5-Star Award"
for presentation excellence. Other Quiet Revolution Recipients
Other Web Sites by Droege
Our company writes custom business applications, but we have found ourselves
also in the web business. If you are interested, the following web sites
were also created by Droege. Contact us if you would like us to build a web
site for you. email@example.com
Join APS, the American Philatelic Society