Quick Flag is released under GPLv2 license.
Quick Flag Demo
If you want to see Quick Flag in action you can check out my Quick Count or Quick Chat WordPress plugins demo pages.
Quick Flag resolves IP address to ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 two-letter country code and name using ip-countryside generated database and displays country flag if required. In contrast to other IP to country solutions this one allows you to create and update database your self using 5 Regional Internet Registrars (RIR) databases: AFRINIC, APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC and RIPE and ip-countryside open source application that does the work of generating database for you. You can also update IP to country database automatically with single click or schedule weekly automatic updates.
Big thanks to Markus Goldstein for ip-countryside project, weekly database updates and automatic update server used in the past. To offload Markus server, database updates are currently generated by me and stored inside GitHub repository.
Here are some of the features of Quick Flag WordPress plugin:
- New in v2.00: Quick Flag database can be updated using single click without updating Quick Flag plugin.
- New in v2.00: Quick Flag database can be auto updated weekly without updating Quick Flag plugin.
- Because of the way Quick Flag database is created it has probably the most accurate IP to country database you can find.
- Database updates are generated using open source ip-countryside application.
- Quick Flag provides PHP function to retrieve country code and country name for given IP address (see FAQ for more)
- Quick Flag provides PHP function to retrieve country flag image for given country, 248 flag images provided by Mark James
- Requires at least: WordPress 3.0
- Tested up to: WordPress 3.4.2
- Current version: Quick Flag 2.11
You can find up to date installation instructions on Quick Flag WordPress.org installation page.
You can find up to date FAQ on Quick Flag WordPress.org FAQ page.
You can find up to date change log on Quick Flag WordPress.org changelog page.
One of the ways to help spread Quick Flag is by translating it into your language or updating existing translation by translating untranslated strings. To make it easier for you to translate Quick Flag to your language I've configured Quick Flag online translation interface using open source application named GlotPress. Using GlotPress hosted on TechyTalk.info you can translate Quick Flag into your own language without the need for any additional tools. My plan is to download translation files before every Quick Flag release and include them into official Quick Flag package. This way your translation files will be available to you and to all Quick Flag users right out the box.
To keep translation files free of spam, before you are able to translate you need to register for TechyTalk.info user account. Then you can log into Quick Flag online translation interface using the following link:
Quick Flag is open source web application created by single person and released under GPLv2 license. This means that you can use or even modify Quick Flag free of charge. Open source development and user support for my WordPress plugins takes at least few hours of my every day so if you find Quick Flag useful you can donate to help it's development. Thanks in advance.
Your feedback would be very appreciated. If you discover any bugs please describe your problem here or using contact form and I will do my best to resolve it. Feature requests and comments are also welcome and I will try to fulfill any feature requests.
Quick Flag stable version
Quick Flag is hosted by official WordPress plugin directory so that is where you can get it: