With direct coordination with local World Kayak Welcome Centers and participating instructors, the Let’s Go Paddling initiative is aimed at attracting ALL adventure enthuisasts to paddlesports disciplines. The Let’s Go Paddling initiative will be a full month of activities across the globe that encourage direct participation and a clear path to formal educational programs.
Each participating region will be hosting a full month of programming focused on the family and the individual outdoors enthusiasts with an exciting and continual line of activities, including:
- Presentations, slide shows and special guest speakers
- Free, hour long ‘Learn to Kayak’ introductory clinics
- Refresher clinics
- Sit on top tours – Water safety talks
- Safety rodeo
- Skills drills with prizes for kids
- River (waterway) cleanup
- Fun and/or benefit competitions including NOVICE division of such formats as:
- World Kayak Hometown Throwdown
- Slalom survivor
- Sprint races
- Gear Swap
- Boat Demos with instructional assistance
- Video premieres and movie nights
- Talks by local waterway conservationist
In partnership with leading paddlesports bodies including the IOC/ICF and USACK and other national bodies on a global scale.
OUR MESSAGING AND FOCUS
The Let’s Go Paddling initiative messaging will revolve around the healthy, natural and exciting lifestyle of paddlesports. Outreach targets include local schools, municipal rec programs, church groups, scouting groups, adventure clubs, colleges, environmental advocacy groups, retailers, liveries and many more. Imagery and subject matter will include outreach to publics for the following – Anti-obesity – Water safety – Family sport – Lifetime sport – Fun World Kayak will be engaging the press at regional, national and international levels with a fully supported high-profile traditional media outreach as well as dedicated social media and web campaign
Welcome to World Kayak’s Let’s Go Paddling Month Initiative!